Saturday, January 17, 2009

Julius Peppers Wants Out

Carolina's DE Julius Peppers says he wants to explore free agency. Peppers's agent, Carl Carey spoke for Peppers, saying "The front office has been informed of my desire to explore opportunities with other NFL teams following the expiration of my contract next month." Peppers doesn't want a long term contract, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. The only way the Panthers could keep Peppers is if the would franchise Peppers, which would be 17 million dollars next season.

I agree with this decision because Peppers can probably make more money somewhere else. Some teams that could be interested are the Giants, Bears, Bills, and Packers. He could fill in with all of these teams and make an immediate impact. Julius had a monstrous season, recording 14.5 sacks, according to NFL.com. I think if he signs with any of the teams I named, he would record at least 10 sacks next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment