Friday, January 16, 2009

The Pittsburgh Steelers Needs: 1-16-09

The Steelers needs haven't changed much since my last update. Their biggest needs are still the O-Line, especially at OT and C. They have allowed Big Ben to be the most sacked QB since 2005, which isn't a good stat. I have though changed my mind a little. I think they could get Jonathon Luigs in the second round, so they will reach for a OT. Last year, Atlanta reached for Sam Baker and Houston reached for Duane Brown and so far it has worked. I think a good prospect that has his stock rising is William Beatty of Connecticut. He is 6'6''/310 and was the stud on the O-Line for the Huskies. He blocked for the countries leading rusher, Donald Brown.

He is my 6th best OT behind Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, and Eben Britton. Sadly, if his draft stock keeps on rising, the Steelers will loose him. If his stock stays put or lowers a little, the Steelers have a good chance of drafting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment