Saturday, February 14, 2009

Julius Peppers Doesn't Want the Franchise Tag

The Carolina pro bowler Julius Peppers announced that he doesn't want to return to the Panthers next season. He said that he calls North Carolina his home, but he rather be with another team. Julius expressed that he wants to leave the 4-3 and become a 3-4 OLB. Peppers says, If they decide to use the tag on me, the first thing that I'll be doing is requesting a trade. Then anything after, basically I don't know what would be the course of action. We'll deal with that when that time comes."

I think Peppers should return to the Panthers. He had a great season, grew up in North Carolina, and the Panthers can contend for the Lombardi Trophy next season. I don't know if he is going to be fast enough standing up to make plays. I see him if he goes somewhere else at least 40 tackles and at high 12 sacks. I don't see Peppers doing much at OLB next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment